Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Reading Note: Babbitt: Jataka Tales

This week I read the Babbitt Jataka Tales. I specifically like The Turtle Who Couldn't Stop Talking. The title stood out to me at first glance so I chose to read it and I was fairly entertained. It as very different than I thought it would be but I enjoyed it. I liked the style this story is written in and I may try it out for my next story. Short and to the point and a lighter plot even though the turtle ends up dying. Most of my stories has been more serious so I may try to switch it up.

Bibliography: The Jataka Tales of India by Ellen C. Babbitt (Link)

Turtle (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Credit Reading: Rouse. Giant Crab

For this last extra credit reading I read from a group of stories by Rouse. I particularly enjoyed one story called "The Lion and the B...