Monday, December 4, 2017

Learning Challenge: The Pomodoro Technique

For this Learning Challenge I chose to read about the Pomodoro technique. This is a studying/work technique that uses a timer to help you space out work and breaks. I chose this because I tend to race against the clock when I do school work and I think this technique could help me make better, more efficient use of time. The purpose of this strategy is to teach you to work with time, instead of against it. By taking short, scheduled breaks, it is easier to eliminate burnouts and manage distractions. I have tried this technique before and had good results. By taking a short break every 30 minutes to an hour I was able to get much more done in that time period than I can when I just work for hours on end. The Pomodoro Technique can be used by anyone with just about any task and I recommend trying it out.

Pomodoro Timer (Source)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Credit Reading: Rouse. Giant Crab

For this last extra credit reading I read from a group of stories by Rouse. I particularly enjoyed one story called "The Lion and the B...